Optimum utilization of Water Resource Potential.
- Assessment of basinwise availability of surface water.
- Creation of atchkat through construction of schemes.
- Stabilization of existing atchkat by taking restoration / rejuvenation of M.I. Structures.
- Assessment of basinwise availability of Ground water.
- Development and preservation of ground water with suitable recharge structures.
- Protection and preservation of water bodies relating to the department of Minor Irrigation.
- To utilise the available water resource from river basins for Irrigation by construction of new MIS like Tanks, PT’s, Anicuts, Pickups, barrages, LIS, vented dams, check dams etc.
- To assess and monitor Ground Water Potential.
- To improve physical and operational performances of tanks, feeder channels by taking up rejuvenation works.
- To take up programme of Flood Management works to mitigate problems in areas prone to frequent flooding.
- Surveying, preparation of DPR, Administrative Approval and Technical Sanction
- Construction of M.I.Structures under different schemes.
- Construction of Ground Water Recharge structures like PT’s, dykes, barrages and check dams (without canal) etc.
- Restoration and Rejuvenation of water bodies.
- Repairs/Strengthening to various components of Tank system.
- Surveying, fixing boundary stones, trenches, fencing and removal of encroachment of MIS.
- Assess quality and quantity of Ground water and provide technical guidance for utilisation and preservation of Ground water.
- Afforestation and construction of silt traps.
- Protection works to agricultural lands in coastal areas to avoid salt water intrusion, protection works at vulnerable areas to prevent flooding and erosion.