Under each zone of Minor Irrigation department the following wings functions
- Administrative Section
- Accounts Section
- Technical Section
- Design Cell
- Statistical Cell
The activity of each section is as below.
The Chief Engineer is the head of the Minor Irrigation (South) zone and has a supporting working staff of 676 as against the sanctioned strength of 837. Out of this, the number of Group A officers actually working were 60, under group B it was 161 under Group C officials were 358 and Group D it was 175.
The Administration section is under the control of the Registrar, who deals with all administrative aspects relating to service matters, insurance records maintenance, transfers, purchase of stationeries, enquires, settlement of electricity and water bills and contract appointments.
Further, office of the Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation South zone is considered as Public Authority under Right to Information Act, 2005.
The Chief Engineer is the head of the Minor Irrigation (North) zone and has a supporting working staff of 786, as against the sanctioned strength of 945,out of this number of employees working under each group are mentioned as below:
Group A – 58, Group B-156, Group C- 421, Group D – 151
The Administration section is under the control of the Registrar, who deals with all administrative aspects relating to service matters. Records maintenance, transfer and postings of the officers & officials made by the Cadre Management Authority implementing the orders, Pay and Allowance of the staff, sanction of periodical increments, TBA’s etc., to the Non Gazetted Officials and other correspondence related to thereof. Purchase of stationeries to the routine office works and sanction to R.S.L. for the divisions. The correspondence of Disciplinary Cases, framing of charges submission of records to the Enquiry Officer through the presenting officer as appointed by the Government.
Further, office of the Chief Engineer, Water Resources department (Minor Irrigation) is considered as Public Authority under Right to Information Act, 2005.
The Accounts section is headed by an Accounts Officer, who deals with the following items of work.
- Preparation of budget estimates for both Plan and Non-plan schemes.
- Allocation of grants for both salary and maintenance.
- Monitoring of grant and outlays and NABARD reimbursement schemes.
- Reconciliation of Accounts of Central Office and sanctioning of Reserve Stock Limits (RSL).
- Finalisation of C & AG reports based on inspection reports and draft paras.
- Preparation of pending bills.
The Executive Engineer (Designs) is overall in charge of technical aspects of works of Minor Irrigation Department and is assisted by 6 Technical Assistants (South Zone) in the rank of Assistant Executive Engineers.
The Superintending Engineer is overall in charge of Technical aspects of works of Minor Irrigation Department (North) Zone and is assisted by (1) Deputy Chief Engineer (Executive Engineer) and (5) Technical Assistants.
The main items of Technical works include:
- Technical scrutiny of proposals pertaining to Minor Irrigation works.
- Finalisation of estimates and designs and Draft Tender Schedules.
- Estimates costing over Rs. 50 lakh to be placed before Technical Advisory Committee, constituted and established in the Minor Irrigation (South) zone and get the sanction.
- E – procurement
- Monitoring progress of various schemes.
- Monitoring NABARD works under RIDF
- Preparation of MMR and KDP progress reports.
- Preparation of Annual and five year plans.
- Preparation of Annual Report.
- Attending Estimate & Assurance Committee Meetings.
- Answering Legislative Assembly & Council Questions.
The responsibility of Designs cell is to:
- Process and finalise design aspects of works pertaining to Minor Irrigation projects.
- Verification and finalising of designs of Lift Irrigation Schemes and pumping machineries.
- Collecting and compiling reports of works coming under Cauvery & Krishna basins, which are needed for Inter State water disputes.
- Arrange for training to Technical Staff of Minor Irrigation department.
- Attend to the matters relating to vehicles belonging to Minor Irrigation (South) zone.
Since the establishment of Statistical Cell in 1988-89, in the Minor Irrigation (South) zone, Bangalore, it has carried out all Statistical nature of work regularly. The cell is fully funded by the Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India, under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of ‘ Rationalization of Minor Irrigation Statistics ‘ (RMIS). The total sanctioned post for the cell is 5 out of which 3 were working during the year 2017-18 and the remaining 2 posts were lying vacant.
Following staff deputed from the statistical department is working in this Zone.
1. Joint Director Sanctioned strength – 1, Working strength – 0
2. Assistant Statistical Officer- Sanctioned strength – 2, Working strength – 1
3. Statistical Inspector – Sanctioned strength – 1, Working strength – 1
4. Group’ D ‘ Sanctioned strength – 1 Working strength- 1
With the 100 percent, Central Assistant from Government of India the 5th Minor Irrigation Census work was conducted with reference here 2013-14 throughout the state successfully. The State report for the census were published.
Apart from above work, the following activities are taken by the cell.
l .Updated taluk wise, district wise and constituency wise of all types of Minor Irrigation schemes such as Tanks, Percolation Tanks, Lift Irrigation, Anecuts and Pickups, Barrages and SWED schemes in Karnataka as on 1st April 2018.
2. Prepared taluk wise and district wise water rate repo1is for the year 2017-18 furnishing season wise and crop wise area irrigated during the year and demand raised.
3. The combined Rep011 of physical and financial progress achieved under Minor liTigation schemes of Minor Irrigation (South) and (North) Zones were prepared in MPIC format and submitted to the Secretary, Water Resources Department (Minor Irrigation} every month for Review Meeting.
4. The Quarterly progress reports on Developmental Programme of Minor Irrigation Schemes dealt by other Departments such as NABARD, Rural Development Engineering Department, Karnataka State Co-operative Agriculture and Rural Development Bank Ltd., Mines and Geology, besides pertaining to Minor Irrigation (North & South) Zones were submitted to Government of India.
5. The Annual Administration Report for each year was prepared which highlighted the activities performed in the entire zone during the year. The Rep01is were printed, Published and submitted to the Government.
6. At the onset of Monsoon in the State, Weekly and Monthly report on the status of M.I.Tanks, is being prepared and submitted to Government regularly. The same data will be update in the official website of the Government of Karnataka.
7. Apart from this replies to Legislative Assembly & Council Questions were prepared pertaining to Statistical Cell and submitted to government during each session
Technical Appraisal Committee
Technical Appraisal Committee has been constituted by the government of Karnataka vide Govt. Odrder No: Saa ni e 145 maa saa vi 2014, Bangalore dated 27/10/2017 under the chairmanship of ST Chennabasappa secretary to government (Retd) Water Resources Department. The tenure of this committee is about 2 years from 27/10/2017. The purpose of this committee is as follows
- To verify the estimate amounting more than Rs 200.00 lakh
- To verify the DTP amounting more than Rs 250.00 lakhs
- To give suggestions and solutions to all the works which are in progress under critical circumstances
The list of technical Approval Committee members enclosed vide Annexure-1
|Sl No||Non Official Members||Designation|
|1||Sri S J Chennabasappa Secretary to Government (Retd)||Chairman|
|2||Sri S.N Prasad Engineer in Chief (Retd)||Member|
|3||Pro: Ramprasad Indian Institute of Science (Retd)||Member|
|4||Sri N Naganna Chief Engineer (Retd)||Member|
|5||Sri M.C Rangarajan Executive Director (Retd) KPCL||Member|
|6||Sri C Anantaramu Chief Engineer (Retd)||Member|
|7||Sri H Hanumantharaya Chief Engineer (Retd)||Member|
|8||Sri B.B Rampure Chief Engineer (Retd)||Member|
|8||Sri M L Madhaiah Chief Engineer (Retd)||Member|
|Sl No||Official Members||Designation|
|1||Chief Engineer MI (North), Vijayapura||Member|
|2||Chief Engineer MI (South), Bangalore||Member Secretary|
Technical Committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of concerned Chief Engineer (South) Bangalore / Chief Engineer (North) Bijapur vide Government order no: sa ni e 76 ma saa vi 2010(2) Bangalore, Dated 18/5/2010. The main purpose of this committee is to verify all the MI works estimating above Rs 50.00 lakhs and up to 200.00 lakhs.
Copy of Govt. Order
Technical Sub Committee
Sub Technical Committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of concerned Superintendent Engineer MI Circle Bangalore / Mysore / Belgaum / Gulbarga vide Government order no: sa ni e 76 ma saa vi 2010(2) Bangalore, Dated 18/5/2010. The purpose of this Sub Technical Committee is to verify all the MI works amounting above Rs 30.00 lakhs and up to 50.00 lakhs.
Copy of Govt. Order
Tender Scrutiny Committee
The Tender Scrutiny Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Chief Engineer (South), Bangalore vide G.O No.SANEE/86/MASAVI/2017 (Tech) Bangalore Dated:16-7-2017.
- The Tender scrutiny committee consists of Officers to scrutinize the tender documents, supervise opening of tenders, carry out the preliminary examination and detailed evaluation of the tenders received and to prepare an evaluation report for the consideration of the Tender Accepting Authority.
- The Tender accepting authority shall constitute the Tender Scrutiny Committee, where the value of tender exceeds rupees five crores in respect of public works, Irrigation department and Minor Irrigation Department and one crore in respect of all the other departments.
Technical advisory Committee for central assistance Schemes
Repair, Renovation and Restoration (RRR) of Water Bodies
RRR is a state sector scheme. Under this scheme 90% of the project cost will be available as central assistance for special category states. For non special category states the funding pattern will be 25% as central assistance and 75% by the state governments. For the purpose of Techno Economic appraisal of the project and to approve the DPR, it is indicated in the guidelines that a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) is to be constituted and the committee shall also include representatives of CWC and CGWB.
Copy of Govt. Order
Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP)
Government of India in letter no 10-2/2010-MI dated 03-01-2011 has desired to constitute Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the purpose of Techno Economic Appraisal of the project.
Copy of Govt. Order